Monday, December 7, 2009

Meet "Author of Suspense", Shayla V. McClellon




I am the “writer of suspense”, and currently have two novels available.  Lovely, I Die, is a twisted suspense novel that was released in 2008. It is about a house wife turned serial killer. My debut novel Hypnotic is an erotic suspense novel that was written in 2006. Hypnotic made the Dallas, Texas Black Images Bookstore best sellers list. In May 2006 I was a contributor to Mahogany Butterfly’s E-Magazine for Women of Color; Don't Get it Twisted motivation column and Once Second to Crazy, a soap opera. I am also a contributor of published articles for Associated Content. I began my writing career fifteen years ago after encouragement through family and friends. My goal is to be one of the first African American women with a suspense series involving intertwining dark and intriguing characters.


I became interested in writing after realizing my boredom with television programming and redundant story-lines. It is my desire to help open the minds of non-ethnic readers in their realization that African American writing is relate-able.

I would suggest to anyone wanting to become published, to get to know the industry and understand that it takes more than just writing, you have to market your product. Never rest, be persistent, but classy. 

I’ve learned is that it takes at least a year to get your book out in the public and to start building a fan base. This does not happen overnight!


Finding a great fit with a publisher should be one of your number one goals. Always utilize fantastic marketing venues like The Grits Literary Services, Goodreads.com, Face-book, MySpace, a book club, etc. You need as much exposure as possible.

You can find my work on Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Book-a-millions, E-bay,   PublishAmerica.com and www.freewebs.com/novelistgal/

I am in the process of finishing two novels, Toxic and Deadly, I Live. I am also scheduling signing events for 2010.

Please feel free to email me at Shaylavmcclellon@yahoo.com or visit my website at ww.freewebs.com/novelistgal/


Thank you Shayla for introducing us to your work. We cannot wait to read it. ~~Literary Wonders!





No comments:

Post a Comment