Monday, December 19, 2011

On the 6th Day of Christmas - Kristen Eckstein

(Click here to listen to Kristen's interview) Also on iTunes
Other people call me “The Ultimate Book Coach”. You can call me Kristen. I’m a book-loving, chocolate-eating, stuffed animal-hugging, people-craving gal who cannot imagine a life without books. I started writing when I was five years old, read my first “adult” level novel when I was nine and now I’m the author of six books with two more scheduled for release before the end of 2011. My need for books is as great as my need for food.

In 2003 I served as the Marketing Director for a vanity publishing company that featured a traditional publishing arm. I learned the ins and outs of vanity, subsidy and traditional publishing – what to look for, what to avoid and how to make sure authors don’t get ripped off. I also published two of my own books in less than a year.

When I left that company, my husband and I co-founded Imagine! Studios, LLC, an art and media production company. We soon began publishing authors’ books again under our own label, and I published another book of my own. A relocation caused us to hand that portion of our business off to another capable publisher and I began my next role as a publishing consultant.


No comments:

Post a Comment