Wednesday, May 1, 2013

REVIEW: Ada's Rules by Alice Randall



Date:               1/16/13
Title:                Ada’s Rules: A Sexy Skinny Novel  
Author:            Alice Randall
ISBN 13:           978-1608198276
Pages:              352
Publisher:        Bloomsbury
Cover:              Paperback
Rating:             5 Stars


I knew when I saw the cover of this book that it was going to be a funny read. Little did I know that
it would also possess inspiration and life lessons.

I graduated high school in the 80s and have yet to go to a reunion for various reasons. First Lady Ada Howard is up to the challenge when her high school reunion comes around, but there is only one problem; she has managed to gain more weight than she’d care to admit.

In Ada’s Rules, the author takes women on her life-changing weight loss journey, while offering tips along the way. Although this book is listed as a novel, I think it is truly a guide for its readers.

The characters are true to life and very funny. I can say I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It goes to prove that life doesn’t get grand until mid-life. I’d love to read more from Alice Randall.

No comments:

Post a Comment