Thursday, December 30, 2010

Author, Reviewer and Interviewer Joey Pinkney

Hello. My name is Joey Pinkney, and I write and maintain JoeyPinkney.com to feature book reviews and author interviews. My goal is to give authors extra exposure. I started JoeyPinkney.com on June 2006 to do something constructive with my obsession with the internet. At first, I used my site as a vehicle to write about things such as weight loss and acne prevention, among other things. My site has slowly transitioned into what you see now – strictly about books and authors.

In addition to this website, I use other platforms to spread the word about different authors and books that I come into contact with. I write book reviews and have conduct interviews for UrbanBookSource.com. I also write book reviews for CBBookDistribution.com. You can also find some of my reviews on Amazon.com.

My “5 Minutes, 5 Questions With…” author interview series has been a labor of love. This series has featured self-published authors and authors from the major publishing houses, virtually unknown authors to Essence and/or New York Times Best Sellers, male and female, urban lit to science fiction to nonfiction to poetry. The “5 Minutes, 5 Questions With…” author interview series gives the authors a chance to explain their book from their perspective. The reader gets a behind-the-scene look at what it took to make the book what it is.

I’ve recently added author to my repetoire with a contribution to Peace In The Storm Publishing’s The Soul of a Man: A Triumph of My Soul Anthology. My short story “Like Father, Like Son” follows Terrence Greene as he struggles with the stress of a wayward step-son and a wife that defends her son no matter what. True to his vows, he tries to be an example to both his wife as son as he takes a good look at his own views on faith and spirituality. For more information about this book, click on the following link to http://joeyisinit.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment