Thursday, June 3, 2010

Author Linda Mose Meadows

Bio
Linda Mose Meadows resides in the Hampton Roads Tidewater area. She originates from her beloved hometown: Buffalo, New York. She has very fond memories of her family and friends. Most recently, she became a contributing journalist for The International Review of African American Art and is the Inspirational Columnist with Urban Views Weekly. Employed in higher education as an Academic Advisor, Linda Meadows assists adult students pursue their professional education. She attended Howard University and earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree and received her Master of Science Degree in Public Affairs Administration from the State University of New York at Buffalo. In November 2007, her first devotional was published by Tate Publishing. This devotional (paperback/audio book/eBook) is entitled: The Blessedness of Believing A Devotional Journey of Life’s Lessons and God’s Promises http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/search.php?search=linda+mose+meadows which has received positive accolades and endorsements for her heartfelt devotionals. Her book can be purchased on the World Wide Web, Tate Publishing and in book stores: Barnes & Noble, Borders, Books a Million, Walden Books and BDalton. She thoroughly is enjoying her life. Her family is very proud of her accomplishments and vocation. She’s a wife of Rev. Richard D. Meadows, Jr. and mother/stepmother that loves the creative arts and blogging: http://blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/ and http://blessedauthorlm.wordpress.com/ .Linda Meadows obtains inspiration from her faith in God-His imprint in our midst and the prayers of a devoted mother. Mrs. Meadows’ strength is drawn from those individuals that persevere despite life’s obstacles. Two of her favorite quotations are: But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 1Cr. 2:9 “Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.” —Chinese Proverb


What genre do you consider yourself?
Inspirational

Give us a synopsis of your most recent book.
Linda Mose Meadows’ collection of heartfelt devotionals passionately and honestly captures the daily complexities faced by many. Ms. Meadows is transparent in sharing her challenges and the personal benefits of appreciating hope and reliance on God’s promises.
Connect with the Author and be encouraged to embrace a new outlook on this year’s spiritual journey with lessons for living. Revel in the knowledge that you are secure in God’s hands. The Blessedness of Believing is expressly written with a heart that seeks after the righteousness of God with uplifting personal sentiments and prayers referencing Holy Scripture, encouraging lyrics and deep expressions of faith. These reflections are written for your daily devotional time and to compliment your bible study. The book is available from Tate Publishing, online bookstores like Amazon.com (look inside book) and others, and in local book stores.


Titles of all of your books.
THE BLESSEDNESS OF BELIEVING
A DEVOTIONAL JOURNEY OF LIFE'S LESSONS AND GOD'S PROMISES by Linda Mose Meadows
Paperback: ISBN-13: 9781602475144
Pub. Date: November 2007
Audio: ISBN-13: 9781602476479
Pub. Date: November 2007

What made you decide to become an author?
The urging of my husband is what sparked my interest in becoming an author. He encouraged me to write some encouraging accounts-something inspirational for church's website. The reader’s interest grew of these poignant personal accounts and the before long, my collection of devotionals evolved into a book. The reader's expressed an earnest desire to learn more about the application of God’s promises. They connected with the sentiment which was really humbling. I really felt that I didn't have much to give, nor share but learned otherwise. What a surprise it was when my husband printed the devotional and showed me that I as interest grew. I learned that I had a quite a book which needed to be published and shared with many! I then understood and embraced the idea and am so glad that I did.


What do you enjoy most about being an author?
My new literary life is very rewarding! I absolutely love blogging, contributing as an  Inspirational Columnist for Urban Views Weekly, meeting so many creative and wonderful people. I am anticipating reaching out to many more people and appreciating all the more what good awaits me! I am living out my dream.

Do you read? Do you think it is essential for a writer to read?
Yes I read; love reading and exploring what others are expressing! Indeed it is important to read, learn and grow spiritually, emotionally and with our literary endeavors! Words can inspire and open up new worlds.

Traditional publishing or self-publishing?
I contend that the beauty with self publishing is that you don't have to wait for validation from a publishing house anymore. My first devotional was with a traditional publisher. Actually I am now exploring what it will mean for me to become self published with my second devotional.

Why?
I must do my homework and learn the pros and cons about self publishing vs. traditional publishing. Either way, we must devote work and attention to marketing and having the momentum needed for making our dreams a reality.


How are you giving back to the literary community?
I participate in literary festivals, promote ventures like, "We Believe In You!" I wrote a salute to young scholars. On my blogs, I help promote others that are making their mark in our communities, free of charge. It’s my makeup to encourage others. So it’s easy for me to spread good news. I really get great satisfaction  from this. Love sharing good deeds and news. I endeavor to be a blessing to others. http://blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/


What is one tip you would give new authors?
Get business cards, keep books with you at all times. May I share this?
Explore, learn and participate-get over your fears and step out! Great things await you!


What is the biggest lesson you have learned since becoming an author?
It's not about you! During a book signing, I really learned this lesson. I was eager to sell my books. Walked around the store greeted customers. Shared that I was a new author and pointed in the direction of where I’d be set-up. That afternoon a potential customer woman approached the table and then we just began to chat. Before long this woman opened her heart and revealed her hardships and challenges with being a caregiver for her incarcerated son’s child. My heart ached for her, I began to share earnestly share about trusting God and just encouraged her to hang in there. Initially I believed my intent was to promote my devotional, but I suspect it was a great deal deeper than that!

What is the one thing that irks you about the literary industry?
I don't know that I can answer this, I am still learning so much! We have many options, what one venue can't provide another can!

Give your ideal writing atmosphere.
A hectic workday or personal stress filled moments garner terrific awakenings. It’s great fuel for an outpouring! Lunch time can't come fast enough, before long I have written and released!

Who, What, When and Where is your next event?
I have an invitation to provide a motivational talk during the summer. The date and time are yet to be determined.  It will be posted on my blogs.

Suggest a preferred literary service.
Lulu.com, Tate Publishing and Xulon

Suggest an independent bookstore.
Precious Memories Bookstore in Richmond, VA.

What is your view on the new direction of publishing?
This is exciting. Tate published my devotional in an e-book, audio book, and paperback, It certainly gives the busy reader options. Options are terrific!

Give an inspirational quote.
Two of my favorite quotations are:

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. “1Cr. 2:9

 “Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.” —Chinese Proverb

Where can readers find your work?
Tate Publishing, On-line and in bookstores. I've listed links to the following on my blogs:
http://blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/

* Amazon.com (Save $3.40)
Barnes and Noble
Book Finder.com
Books A Million
Borders Bookstore
Christian Book.com
Leap of Faith Book Store
LIFEWAY CHRISTIAN STORES
PRECIOUS MEMORIES BOOKSTORE
Target
Daily the sites are growing!

Contact info
Linda Mose Meadows
blessedbelievers1@yahoo.com
  

No comments:

Post a Comment