Thursday, June 17, 2010

Meet Rick Bonner

RICK is a professional singer/songwriter who currently resides in the UK. Mr. Bonner is also a poet.

"I love poems that transport you to a different place and focus on feelings that are difficult to express in everyday life. The sun, moon, stars, mountains and rivers are universal themes lodged deep within our unconscious minds and evoke I believe many commonly shared emotions that help to transport the reader to the end of the poem."


YOU FILL MY EYES
You fill my eyes with complicit adoration, I would lay down my life to see you smile.
My helpless heart skips a beat when you are near me, now I have crossed this tempestuous river of denial.

You fill my eyes with the splendor of your beauty, let me hold and protect you from demonic storms.
Come dance with me beneath the shooting stars and let the purity of my love keep you warm.

You fill my eyes with anticipation, take my hand let me whisk you away.
I will show you bright colors to light up your world, underneath the moonlight by New-Hope bay.

You fill my eyes with surrender; I would scour these mountains for a single kiss.
Let me make you my life and my world, my love, lord I have never yielded like this.

You fill my eyes with sweet surrender, leave it all behind and become part of my life.
Don’t think hard or too long, take a risk and be strong and forever fill my eyes.

You fill my eyes with complicit adoration; I would do anything to see you smile.
My helpless heart skips a beat when you are near me, now I have crossed this dark river of denial

1 comment: