Do you need something to do this summer? Have you had it with reruns and senseless reality shows? Then why not partner with Literary Wonders! And The Author’s Hideaway, along with a host of other literary groups and sources as we join Written Magazine’s 30 Books in 90 Days Challenge.
The challenge, which starts June 27th, challenges readers to put on their reading hat and open their imagination to the world of books. This is an annual event and Literary Wonders! and The Author’s Hideaway had a blast with the challenge, although we did not meet our thirty books. However, this year will be much, much different. We plan to exceed our goals of 30 books and 30 reviews. For more information on the challenge, please go to Written Magazine’s website and join in the fun.
Currently, Literary Wonders! and The Author’s Hideaway is compiling a list of books we plan on reading. Our list is not complete as we plan on adding books as we go along, but check below to see if anything on our partial list piques your interest. If you would like to add your book to our reading list and have it reviewed, please forward a copy of your book, during the reading period, to Literary Wonders! 30/90 REVIEW Post Office Box 13727 Greensboro, NC 27405 – 3727. Or if you have an e-book in e-book format that you would like to add, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a great time to utilize and support your local public library, your independent book stores, chain book stores and online retailers. For those who are not aware, by signing up for newsletters from retailers such as Barnes and Noble and Borders, you will receive coupons on a regular basis for 20% to 50% off books. Online stores such as Amazon sell books at a discount and will usually grant you FREE basic shipping and handling if you order $25 or more. If you buy a book and decide that you don’t want to keep it in your collection after you read it, Amazon has a resale program that allows you to recover some of your costs.
E-book readers are all the craze these days. From the Kindle to the Nook to the infamous iPad, books are more portable and easier to access than ever. Most e-book readers will fit in an average size purse and can hold up to 500 hundred books. Try carrying 500 regular books at one time – not gonna happen! With the publishing industry focusing a lot of their time and their marketing to e-books, many of them are reasonably priced and a lot of them are FREE.
So what are you waiting for? You don’t have to wait for the reading challenge to start, you can get started now.
This is also and excellent time to challenge our children to read. They need to exercise their young minds during the off-season. Although they may not read 30 books in 90 days, they will sure have fun weaving in and out of adventure after adventure
Our Partial Summer Reading List
1. Black Diamond by Ja’Nese Dixon
2. The Lighthouse of Hope by Sue Falcone
3. Take Your Pleasure Where You Find It
4. The Sins of the Mother by Victoria Christopher Murray
5. Cougars by Earl Sewell
6. A Woman’s Revenge by Tiffany L. Warren, Sherri L. Lewis and Rhonda McKnight
7. Little Black Girl Lost by Keith Lee Johnson.
8. Little Black Girl Lost 2 by Keith Lee Johnson
9. Little Black Girl Lost 3 by Keith Lee Johnson
10. Little Black Girl Lost 4 by Keith Lee Johnson
11. Little Black Girl Lost 5 by Keith Lee Johnson
12. Lady Jasmine by Victoria Christopher Murray
13. Luck of the Draw by Anthony Cardieri
14. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
15. Holy Rollers by Reshonda Tate Billingsley
16. By Reason of Insnaity by Randy Singer
17. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
18. Private by James Patterson
19. Till You Hear From Me by Pearl Cleage
20. Alibi by Teri Woods
21. Financial Revival: A Lifestyle of Freedom by Kristen Eckstien
22. Diary of a Stalker by Electa Rome Parks