Monday, March 15, 2010

Author Dominique Watson

Bio

Dominique Watson is a writer, published author and magazine/business owner.  She began writing poetry and short stories at a young age. Her writings are published all over the internet and she focuses on spiritual advice and inspiration. Dominique has published three inspirational books “Inspire Me Young”, “How to Keep God in your life” and “The Tension Reliever” which is her first poetry collection. “Too Much Untold” is Dominique’s first Urban Fiction Novel. This book was released on September 11th, 2009.

She owns an online magazine for writers called “From A Writers POV”. She also writes for the magazine’s blog “The POV Lounge”.

Dominique also owns her own ministry for women called Ladies of Christ Proverbs 31. She’s recently started her own jewelry company called “Eminent Empress” She makes and sells inspirational jewelry.

Dominique is currently working on getting her Associates Degree in Psychology and expanding her magazine all over the internet. She lives in San Diego with her husband and daughter.

What genre do you consider yourself?
Christian Fiction

Give us a synopsis of your most recent book in 3 paragraphs or less.
Chapter One   
“Meet the girls”                                                                                           
Ari Marie Jennings
Oh my goodness, could traffic be anymore slower I thought as I drove home from work. I hated this drive from work everyday. Even though I only lived 20 mins from work, it took forever just to get home but that’s how it was in Atlanta. There was traffic every where. It seem like I lived in this car. But I couldn’t complain. This time last year, I was catching a bus to work and school. Things didn’t come easy for me. I had to work my butt off just to live comfortable. I worked a fulltime job at Castro’s. A rich girls clothing store. I went to college part time for nursing. Then I still lived at home with my mom. Ain’t that some mess?
My struggle all started the day I was born, 24 years ago on May 1st. But even before I was born, it was hard for my mom to make ends meet. I mean it was easier then because all she had was herself but she never lived a fabulous life. She had to work and grind to get by. From what she told me, she lived in the streets. Dated a lot of guys and partied. She was a dancer at a night club. It was fast and easy money. Three years into the job, she met my dad. She was with a lot of men and didn’t find out who my dad was until I was older but when I came along, I motivated her to do right. She changed everything but her drinking. That was one habit she wasn’t about to break. Through out the years, we struggled. Bills were sometimes paid late. Sometimes we didn’t have food to eat. I’d wake up in the middle of the night hearing my mom praying
“Lord, please give me the ability to take care of my baby. She don’t deserve this. Lord, I don’t know what I’m gonna do this time.”
Nights like that I knew things were pretty bad. Time didn’t make things better either. We continued to struggle. At times I was ashamed to bring people to my house. Once I got old enough, my mom broke things some what down to me. Why we struggled, and how things got like this. I asked a lot of questions especially about my dad. She told me that the only good thing that came out of that relationship was me. With that being said, I left it alone.

Titles of all of your books.
Inspire Me Young, How to Keep God in your Life, The Tension Reliever, Too Much Untold

What made you decide to become an author?
I wanted the world to see my work and be inspired.

What do you enjoy most about being an author?
I love inspiring others. It's my calling. So I love to allow others to read my great work and be inspired.

If you could meet one author, who would it be?
Probably James Patterson. He's a great author!

How are you giving back to the literary community?
I am the owner of From A Writer's POV Online Magazine. I give back as  much as I can through my magazine.

Give one tip you would give new authors?
Take your time!!!!! Don't rush to publish. Read between the lines.

What is the biggest lesson you've learned since becoming an author?
Doing my research. I didn't do my research in the beginning.

What is the one thing that irks you about the literary industry?
So many people that don't  like to help others who haven't gotten to where they are. We should always help when needed.

Who, What, When and Where is your next event?
I don't have any author events at the moment. My magazine is swamped with author events.

Suggest a preferred literary service.
Tha Risque Cafe www.tharsiquecafe.com

Where can readers find your work?

Contact info. 
www.dominiquewatson.webs.com 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Tracy Clark, I reside in Pittsburgh, Pa. Dominique is my God Daughter and I have supported her work from day one - not only because she is my God Daughter, but because I love what she has to offer; from her jewlery to her books. She is a very talented and fruitful young lady with the connection to God. My daughter is 13 and she looks up to Dom (as we call her) as her big sister. Although Dom lives in Los Angeles and we live in Pittsburgh, she is truly a great inspiration to my daughter, VERY MUCH!!

    With all of her ups and downs, Dom NEVER lost ground of who she is and kept her faith in God. Dom is not just a thinker, she is a "do-er." I am so very proud of her and will continue to support her!

    "I love you Dom"
    Aunt Tracy

    ReplyDelete