Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Author Shay Bills

  
Bio
Shay Bills is an anointed woman of God. Born and raised in Paris, Texas she and her husband have three children. Recognized by many as a powerful speaker, teacher, and motivator Evangelist Bills is truly a chosen vessel of the Lord. She shares her insightful and thought provoking message to women ministries and speaks to the hearts of both young and old.

Gifted in many areas, she wears many hats well. She is a natural educator, holding a Bachelors degree in English, a Masters degree in Education Administration with Principle Certification both from Texas A & M University in Commerce. She taught high school English for eight years and has experience as an Assistant Principle.  Also an entrepreneur, Bills’ is a Texas Licensed Realtor with Century 21 Harvey Properties, Lighthouse Learning Daycare Center owner with Directors Credentials from the State of Oklahoma, and owner of Bills Property Management & Rentals.

A community advocate at heart, Evangelist Bills continues to support the improvement and success of her community through residing on the board of the Lamar County Chamber of Commerce, the United Way, Leadership Lamar County and the Paris Education Foundation, as well as serving on the Diversity Task Force Committee and involvement with Leadership Paris ISD. Bills is also the founder and director of ZION Daughters, a mentoring program for young girls ages 15-18 that seeks to Instruct, Improve and Empower Young Girls to Excellence. Through her involvement with multiple clubs and organizations, she remains constant in faith awaiting God’s instruction for her daily life.

Shay resides in Paris, Texas with her loving husband Terry and daughter Ariole Jenkins. She feels extremely blessed to have the support and encouragement of her family and friends. She is a member of Christian Life Outreach Ministries in Oklahoma and is very grateful and thankful for the prayers of fellow Christians and friends.

What genre do you consider yourself?
Christian Non-Fiction (Inspirational/Motivational)


Give us a synopsis of your most recent book in 3 paragraphs or less.
Is Your Ghost Holy? Eight Principles for Evaluating Your Walk in the Spirit, is a companion and helpful tool in navigating your walk in Christ. You will find valuable principles to illuminate your path and heighten your faith in the Word of God. The principles of truth, life, faith, hope and change are all revealed through sound doctrine by the quickening of the Holy Spirit.

Is Your Ghost Holy, will transform your mind.
Is Your Ghost Holy, will renew the right spirit within you.
Is Your Ghost Holy, will teach you to take the road less traveled.
Is Your Ghost Holy, will encourage you to rise up and stand firm on the Word.
Is Your Ghost Holy, will make your heart receptive to the leading of the Holy Ghost.

Discover how His Word shatters residue of doubt and uncertainty.  Learn how to walk in the POWER of the Holy Ghost, by applying the WORD of God and trusting His promises. His Holy Spirit will awaken and reveal the hidden crevasses of your heart, mind and soul and fill you with His wisdom. Called by some, “a spiritual journey,” Bills’ leaves no stone unturned when removing the superficial layers of spirituality. Once read, you will walk boldly and confidently in the knowledge that your inner man is holy, therefore, you are called to holiness, according to Scripture. From uncovering Truth, to understanding your Purpose, you will conclude this book having gained more wisdom, knowledge and power of the Holy Ghost that dwells inside of you.

Titles of all of your books.
Is Your Ghost Holy? Eight Principles for Evaluating Your Walk in the Spirit

I have a new book coming out Spring 2010 entitled, When Faith Fights.

What made you decide to become an author?
That is a good question and I have to say that I never sat down with the intention to write a book. My intention when writing was in response to my own personal desire to evaluate my own walk in the Spirit. The Lord at the time was opening my mind and heart to receive a greater and more meaningful depth in Him. In response, I would write daily and log my inquisitiveness as well as the revelations discovered. Though the title of the book was initially the spring board many years before the books release, my writings between then and this past year, I thought, were solely for my benefit.

What do you enjoy most about being an author?
I will admit that this new chapter in my life as an author has made my calendar of events more eventful. As a writer, I enjoy it so much that I don’t write with the intent to publish but for the enjoyment of it and if God births a book out of that, I am thankful. I thoroughly enjoy the doors opened by God to meet new people, travel and share the gospel.


If you could meet one author, who would it be?
Limiting me to one author is hard. Right off the top of my head, I would love to meet Dr. Maya Angelou. I admire her collection of work and her contributions to the literary world.

How are you giving back to the literary community?
This year I will host the first annual So You Want to Write Workshop for aspiring writers in my hometown of Paris, Texas. I pray the event becomes a monthly or bi-monthly opportunity to meet and greet other authors or want to be authors in the area. The first So You Want to Write Workshop will take place on Saturday, April 24, 2010.

Give one tip you would give authors.
Write what is true to who you are. What makes writing beautiful is one’s ability to be an original. Be proud of your own style and your own flavor. Your readers will appreciate you for it.

What is the biggest lesson you have learned since becoming an author?
Time is precious. I have learned to prioritize what is important in my life like my alone time with the Lord, family and friends. There is always something you could be doing or should be doing as an author, but keeping first things first is what is most important.

What is the one thing that irks you about the literary industry?
Things are always changing, but that is both good and bad sometimes. Right now I am following this whole Kindle issue and how it will affect the bottom line of authors. It irks me because most of these decisions are made without authors being at the discussion table.

Who, What, When and where is your next event?
I will be conducting SPRITUAL HEART SURGERY: One Day Intensive Women’s Bible Training on Saturday, February 20, 2010 from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm at Christian Life Outreach Ministries 404 W. Bissell Hugo, Oklahoma. See Event Brite for more information or under the events tab on my Facebook page at Shay Easter-Bills.

Suggest a preferred literary service.
Saint Paul Press is a wonderful self-publishing company for any new author leaning in this direction of publishing. Through them I was able to publish and be a recipient of the extended aftercare they give their authors.

Where can readers find your work?
Readers can purchase my book where fine books are sold or online at www.amazon.com, www.BlackCBC.com, www.target.com or my personal website at www.shaybills.com. In Lamar County readers can purchase my book from Living Water Bookstore or Hastings Bookstore. Visit my website at www.shaybills.com and my blog at www.shaybills.com/blog.


Contact info
Shay Easter-Bills http://www.ShayBills.com
Facebook/MySpace/Twitter/LinkedIn/iseecolor/blackauthors/etc…



No comments:

Post a Comment