Thursday, March 4, 2010

Author Iris Celeste


Bio
Iris Celeste is your ordinary girl next door who has always loved the written word and spent endless hours as a child being entertained through her books.  Writing became her chosen method of expression and with that her debut novel Praise Your Way Through was brought to life.  The author currently resides in Georgia along with her two sons. 

What genre do you consider yourself?
Christian Fiction with an edge.  I write about real people with real issues.
Give us a synopsis of your most recent book in 3 paragraphs or less. 
Lies, betrayal, infidelity, and then redemption.  Still haunted with a childhood secret, Tamara Washington is convinced that she is unworthy of love and devotes her time to pursuing her career—that is, until Samuel Roberts comes along.  This supposedly single and available entrepreneur literally bumps into Tamara and turns her whole world upside down.  But Samuel has a skeleton or two in his closet. 
Sheila Wilcox is Tamara’s very unhappily married executive assistant who has grown tired of her boring life and begins to search for fulfillment elsewhere.  This search ultimately turns out to be more than she bargains for.  Leon, Sheila’s hard-working husband, is preoccupied with his own set of inadequacies and oblivious to the fact that his marriage is in trouble. 
Praise Your Way Through is a heart-wrenching but humorous tale about friendship, love, and forgiveness.  Because being saved doesn’t mean being perfect.  When confronted with life’s challenges, will the characters have the courage and faith to listen to God’s direction, or will they simply continue to take matters into their own hands?

Titles of all of your books. 

Praise Your Way Through is my first baby.

What made you decide to become an author?

I have always been an avid reader and I read it all.  But I desired to read a story that dealt with your everyday person and their life behind closed doors.  I wanted to unclothe the insecurities, the fears and the shortcomings we all possess and show how we don’t have to struggle with it alone.  I wanted to share a story that ministered and uplifted people. 

What do you enjoy most about being an author? 

Being able to express myself in written form and others relating to it.  The feedback is a natural high for me.

If you could meet one author, who would it be?

That’s hard, but I will have to say Darnella Ford.  I think she is poetry in motion! 

How are you giving back to the literary community?
I donate my books and time towards literary activities, authors and/or conferences.

Give one tip you would give new authors?
Read much and write more.  If writing is indeed a passion you possess, then don’t give up.  I am a living witness that a man’s gift will make room for him! 

What is the biggest lesson you've learned since becoming an author? 
Networking is the key!

What is the one thing that irks you about the literary industry?
I’ve had a really good run, so I can’t complain. 

Who, What, When and Where is your next event?
I have a few promised speaking engagements, dates are still pending.

Suggest a preferred literary service.
Rhonda McKnight is an awesome editor and author! 

Where can readers find your work? 
Visit my website at www.irisceleste.webs.com.  My books are also available on amazon.com.

Contact info. 
I love receiving emails.  My email address is irisceleste2000@yahoo.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment