Friday, June 3, 2011

Fan Page Friday


As a kid I was always making stuff: skates, skateboards, skimboards, skis, sleds, clothing, furniture, wood carvings, Easter baskets, comic books, you name it. I was the mother of all nerds. Anyway, I think I was searching for the one thing I wanted to keep on making for the rest of my life. Then one day I discovered Choose Your Own Adventure books. Remember those? You as the reader were asked to make choices for the characters. They were a lot of fun and I just had to make my own. And so I did, writing three of them, and I've been hooked on writing ever since. (Just think, I could have been hooked on making Easter baskets.)
 
We offer a full selection of Nora Roberts' titles, popular fiction, local history, jewelry, soy candles, gifts & Organic Fair Trade coffee beverages.

I'm married to a romance writer and yes -it's great. Consider me an embedded reporter in an industry that creates fantasies read by millions of women every year. Who better to give advice on romance than the women who write & publish those fantasies?

Partnering with First Book and Room to Read, The Literacy Site makes books available to children around the world, giving many children their very first book. With the generous support of our sponsors, each click helps encourage the love of reading. We believe that literacy is key in breaking the poverty cycle.

Penguin Books UK publishes blockbusting, prize-winning, controversial, heart-warming, thought-provoking and inspiring books by a range of authors from Ali Smith to Zadie Smith, Jeremy Clarkson to Jeremy Paxman and Jamie Oliver to Oliver Goldsmith.

Ladybird books are known and loved the world over. For millions of people, they bring back the golden days of childhood - learning to read, discovering the magic of books, and growing up.

The Official Tom Clancy Page. “He constantly taps the current world situation for its imminent dangers and spins them into an engrossing tale.” —The New York Times Book Review http://www.tomclancy.com/

Putnam (an imprint at Penguin Group) is one of the oldest and most prestigious imprints in the publishing industry.

Hello fellow HELP fans. Just a general note, all updates, to this page are made by OCTAVIA SPENCER, not Kathryn Stockett.

Based on the #1 New York Times best-selling phenomenon, “The Help” is a provocative and inspiring look at what happens when a southern town’s unspoken code of rules is shattered by three coura

No comments:

Post a Comment