Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Author Anthony Carrdieri - December 1, 2009

           





Greetings! My name is Anthony Cardieri. I am a 44-year-old father of three young sons; Nicholas, 14, Matthew, 12, and daughter Lauren, 7. My beautiful wife Tammy and I, reside with our children in Staten Island, New York. I am a twenty-year veteran of the NYC Department of Sanitation, serving as a district superintendent. I began writing in 1997. My first book, Our Own Worst Enemy was self-published in 2004. My current novel, Luck of the Draw will be released on December 8, 2009 by St. Martin’s Press.
                I always liked telling stories. Finally, I decided to put one down on paper and it hit. Currently I don’t really have any favorite authors. I read books based on subject, not the author.
                My contribution to the literary community is setting up chats so I can have direct contact with any readers who would like to discuss writing with me or any of my books. I’m still not enough of a name to have any major impact though.
                One tip that I would give new authors is to never give up! Never let anyone tell you your idea or writing is good enough. All you need is the right pair of eyes to see your work and you are on your way. Those eyes are out there somewhere. Be persistent and find them! Let nothing deter you. I have never had a writing course or college of any kind, yet I was able to write a book that is being published by one of the world’s biggest houses. It does happen!

                I have a book signing scheduled at Barnes & Nobel on Richmond Avenue in Staten Island, New York on Friday, December 11, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.
                Remember that persistence pays off! Also, it’s a very long and drawn out process when a big house publishes you. There are so many steps and re-steps.
                I tend to write more to an idea than a specific genre. My first book was a sci-fi novel, as well as my second. My third book, Luck of the Draw, the one being release December 8th, is a serial-killer whodunit. My fourth book, Stacked Deck, is the sequel to Luck of the Draw, and is currently with my publisher, St. Martin’s Press. I am currently working on novel #5 and have gone back to sci-fi because I came up with a really awesome idea.
                Luck of the Draw will be released worldwide on December 8, 2009. It can be found anywhere online and in most major bookstores. If they don’t have it, tell them to order it! Once I hit the best-seller list, even the tiny bookstores will car it!

Thank you for your time Anthony. We look forward to reading your book and wish you the best at your book signing and in all your future endeavors! ~~Literary Wonders! and The Author’s Hideaway!





If you would like to contact Anthony or find out more about his work, please visit his website at www.athonycardieri.com or email him at anthonycardieri@aol.com

Anthony’s “Literary Service” contribution is: St. Martin’s Press. St. Martin's Press is a book publisher headquartered in the iconic Flatiron Building in New York City. Currently, St. Martin's Press is one of the United States' largest publishers, bringing to the public some 700 titles a year under eight imprints, which include St. Martin's Press (mainstream and bestseller books), St. Martin's Griffin (mainstream paperback books, including science fiction and romance), Minotaur (mystery, suspense, and thrillers), Picador (specialty books),Thomas Dunne Books (suspense and mainstream), and Truman Talley Books (business and specialty books). St. Martin's Press's current editor in chief is George Witte.(LW! And T.A.H. is not responsible for any incorrect information.)

1 comment:

  1. Anthony, I love your color and can't wait to read your novel. Thank you again for giving up some of your precious time to spend time with us.

    ReplyDelete