Saturday, December 5, 2009

Retired Army Vet and Author Johnny Napier


My name is Johnny Napier. I grew up in South Eastern Kentucky. I enlisted in the United States Army in 1968 and went to Vietnam for a year. When I was honorably discharged from the Army, I went to work in Sidney, Ohio, working in factories and iron foundries.


After I retired from driving a big truck across country, I decided to write my first book about that very subject. I wanted to give young people an idea of what they would be getting themselves into before they decided to jump into the profession. I then started writing more books of fiction. Some of my favorite authors are Steven King, Robin Cook and John Grisham.

I like to write for children of all ages. I wanted the writing to be simple so people could read and understand what they were reading.  I don’t use a lot of big words that people don’t know or understand so anyone can read my work.


I think Authors should write so people can understand what they are reading as they go along. I want my readers to picture in their minds what it is they are reading and what it is I am writing about.

Currently, I don't have any events set up but, my titles Ghost in a Coal Mine (Portal to Hell) and Back to the Old Home Place were released on December 3rd. They can be ordered from Xlibris.com.

I guess the biggest lesson I have learned since my first book was released is to think about what I'm going to be writing about and take my time.


I guess the genre I would classify myself as would be fiction since I like to write stories of fiction. I can currently be reached by email at JohnnyNapier56@Aol.com.

Johnny’s preferred service of choice is Literary Wonders! For more information on Literary Wonders! please go to www.literarywonders.com.


We thank you Johnny, for agreeing to be a part of this showcase. Congratulations on your latest releases. ~~Literary Wonders!

1 comment:

  1. This certainly sounds like a wonderful idea and is a beautiful presentation.

    Best,

    Francine craft

    ReplyDelete