Sunday, December 20, 2009

Meet Writer Tuscon Mike!


My name is Michael Charton. I am originally from New York State, but born in Brooklyn and grew up in historic Brooklyn Heights. No, I cannot sell you the Brooklyn bridge, but I did walk across it frequently as a young man. I saw the World Trade Center being built from my living room window, had part time jobs in the building, visited people, and watched in shock from a New Jersey cliff side as it burned.
I am fascinated by history; not just the what of it, but the who of it as well. I like to incorporate historic facts into my fiction.
My wife Elaine and I relocated to Tucson, Arizona after much convincing by friends. My wife is also a writer.
1.   What made you decide to become an author?
a.   I call it "From Chauffeur to Author."  My wife is night blind and I have to drive her to   nighttime meetings.  All these authors; if you can't beat 'em join 'em.
2.   Who are some of your favorite authors? 
a.   Too many to mention here.
3.   How are you giving back to the literary community? 
a.   I have written a couple of articles for an e-zine called 1st Turning Point.
4.    Give one tip you would give new authors?
a.    Persevere!
5.    Who, What, When and Where is your next event? 
a.   Nothing yet.
6.   What is the biggest lesson you've learned since becoming an author? 
a.   You have to love it.
7.   Suggest a preferred literary service. (i.e. publishing, printing, editing, marketing, accessories, etc) 
a.   If I think of one I will let you know
8.   What genre do you consider yourself?
a.   Historical Fiction.
9.   Where can your work be found? 
a.    On my blog at www.tucsonmike.wordpress.com.  I have a 21k word novella coming out and an agent interested in a book I expect to finish in April.
10.                  My website is www.michaelcharton.com or I can be reached via email at michael.charton@gmail.com.




Much thanks to you Michael. We look forward to that novella being released in April! ~~Literary Wonders!


No comments:

Post a Comment