Friday, December 11, 2009

Q&A With Newcomer Christian Fiction Author Zaria Garrison


Zaria Garrison is a first time Christian fiction author.  She is also co-owner and staff writer of EKG Literary magazine.

What made you decide to become an author?

I've always loved reading and writing stories since childhood. It was a natural progression to become an author.


Who are some of your favorite authors?

Carl Weber, Victoria Christopher Murray and Octavia Butler.



How are you giving back to the literary community?

I offer literary expertise for free with my online magazine www.ekgliterarymag.com. I also offer writing classes and have an e-book for aspiring writers.




What is one tip you would give new authors?

Read, read, read. Before you can be a great author, you must first be an avid reader.


Who, What, When and Where is your next event?

I am working on scheduling book signings in the Atlanta, GA area for the month of December.



What is the biggest lesson you've learned since becoming an author?

Marketing is not my publisher's job. It is my job to sell my books to potential readers.



Suggest a preferred literary service. (i.e. publishing, printing, editing, marketing, accessories, etc).

Although I am not a client, I feel that Tyora Moody is one of the best marketing experts in the literary field. 


What genre do you consider yourself?

Christian fiction.


Where can your work be found?

My debut novel Prodigal is available in bookstores nationwide, as well as all online retailers. 


Where can our audience find you online?



zaria@zariagarrison.com and www.zariagarrison.com




Thank you for sharing with us Zaria! We look forward to seeing your work. ~~Literary Wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment